Tan Sri Datuk Dr M Jegathesan
PJN, DPMP, KMN, JSM, PJK
Experience & Activities
He is a well-accomplished and a well-known personality, both in the field of sports and in medicine.
In the field of sports, his accomplishments are:
- ‘Fastest Man in Asia’, ‘Flying Doctor’
- First Malaysian Sportsman of the Year’ (1966)
- First Malaysian In the Olympic Semi-Final (Tokyo & Mexico)
- Holder of the Record in the 200M Track in Malaysia.
In the field of medicine, his accomplishments are:
- Holder of the coveted National Science Award
- Former Deputy Director-General in the Ministry of Health
- Founding Fellow in the Academy of Science
- Active contributor in the field of infectious diseases and medical microbiology.
His other contributions are:
- Coaching, consulting and training in people development
- Holds the the Adjunct Professorship for University Of Putra and University Of Malaysia
- Pro-Chancellor of University Sains Malaysia (USM) in 2011
- Deputy President of the Olympic Council of Malaysia
- Honorary Medical Adviser, Commonwealth Games Federation
- Member of the Medical Committee of the IAAF.